20 Mar 6 Best LastPass Alternatives for Password Management
Passwords provide organizations of all sizes and industries with the first line of defense against unauthorized access. Users may choose weak passwords for convenience, but they make it easier for hackers to steal passwords. For this reason, password management tools have become a necessity in today’s modern world.
LastPass is one of the most sought-after solutions in the market. The LastPass website claims 30 million people throughout the globe trust the brand and that 85,000 businesses use the software.
While these are impressive figures, this password manager is not ideal for everyone. This article will discuss some of the best LastPass alternatives if it’s not the best method for you.
What Is LastPass?
LastPass is a freemium password manager that lets consumers generate, store, and sync passwords across various devices. The software lets you share passwords, alerts you on passwords that need improvement, and does not track or sell your data.
- More password recovery solutions than other brands
- Uses AES-256 encryption — the same technology used by high-security banks and the military
- Navigable interface with easy-to-follow instructions
With the free plan, you won’t have direct access to customer support.
- Free: This plan provides users with unlimited passwords from one device type. Signing up doesn’t cost anything, and you can enjoy a free 30-day Premium trial when you do.
- Premium: The Premium plan includes everything in the free version but with additional features like dark web monitoring, a security dashboard, and priority tech support. You can benefit from these services for $3 monthly.
- Families: The Families plan offers the best value. For $4 per month, you can enjoy everything in the Premium plan plus group sharing and dashboard management capabilities. Groups using this plan gain access to six Premium licenses.
- Teams: For $4.00 per user monthly, this plan provides groups of 50 or less with a secure vault.
- Businesses: This plan includes all Teams features plus add-ons like 3 SSO apps for unlimited users for $6.00 per user per month.
Most LastPass users are organizations that want to secure their information from data breaches.
Are you ready to learn about six of the best LastPass alternatives? Let’s get right to it.
Best LastPass AlternativesVisit NordPass
Launched in 2019, NordPass aims to help users organize their passwords and secure notes in one encrypted vault. The brand falls under the NordVPN group — a world-renowned VPN service.
- Syncs passwords across multiple platforms and devices
- Offers password autosave feature for maximum convenience
- Provides users with a password strength checker
Compared to the other password manager solutions on this list, NordPass is a relatively new brand.
- Free: This free plan from NordPass provides one user with basic password safety tools.
- Premium: For $1.49 monthly, one user can enjoy all the benefits of the free plan plus features like emergency access and data leak scans.
- Family: The Family plan offers six users with Premium benefits for $4.99 per month.
- Business: The Business plan starts at $3.59 and delivers company-wide custom settings.
We recommend NordPass to users who don’t wish to keep changing their passwords.Visit Bitwarden
Bitwarden is a free, open-source, desktop-based password management service that uses the latest technologies to store sensitive information in an encrypted vault. Like LastPass, it offers a free version and paid counterparts.
- Provides users with end-to-end encryption for maximum security
- Uses APIs to simplify onboarding and management functions
- Generates security reports that pinpoint weak passwords
The brand offers limited support for iOS gadgets.
- Basic Free Account: This free personal plan provides users with a vault for managing data from any location and device.
- Premium Account: For $10 per year, you can upgrade your account to enjoy additional features like two-factor association (2FA), emergency access, and Bitwarden Authenticator.
- Free 2-Person Org: This free personal plan lets users share passwords securely with one other individual.
- Families Organization: For $3.33 monthly, six users can enjoy unlimited sharing capabilities among themselves.
- Teams Organization: Companies can choose this option for safe interdepartmental data sharing for $3 per user per month.
- Enterprise Organization: Firms can opt for this plan to enjoy advanced functions like enterprise policies, SSO integration, and password resets on top of the Teams Organization components. The fee is $5 per user per month.
It’s great for people who prefer a more affordable family password manager.Visit 1Password
1Password works across all devices and operating systems, but we recommend it for iOS users. It offers users a safe space for passwords, software licenses, and other private information in a digital vault protected by PBKDF2 technology.
- Provides users with free online security resources through the 1Password University
- Offers a travel mode that hides specific vaults for a limited time
- Reports security vulnerabilities, including card expiry dates
The brand does not offer a free version, only a free 30-day trial.
- 1Password: Enjoy 1GB of document storage for passwords and files for $2.99 monthly.
- 1Password Families: Invite up to five guests for secure sharing for $4.99 per month.
- Teams Starter Pack: Create a workgroup of up to ten members for a fixed monthly price of $19.95.
- Business: Elevate team sharing with advanced features like 2FA for $7.99 per user monthly.
We recommend 1Password to high-travel teams for secure file sharing activities.Visit Dashlane
With a user base of over 14 million, Dashlane is a viable alternative for LastPass. It’s a freemium subscription-based password manager compatible with the top operating systems in the market.
- Customizable security features like biometric logins for Android and Apple gadgets
- Works well with Android, Chrome, iOS, Linux, and Mac
- Offers built-in VPN for paid plans
The free version is limited to 50 passwords, and the paid plans are pricey.
- Free: Secure up to 50 passwords on your most-used device.
- Premium: Safeguard unlimited passwords and up to five email addresses with dark web monitoring capabilities for $3.99 monthly.
- Family: For $5.99 per month, enjoy Premium features across six devices.
Dashlane is ideal for users who prefer online anonymity through VPN — which the paid versions offer. Note that the free version does not have this feature.Visit Keeper
Keeper is a high-security password manager that stores private information such as passwords, financial information, and documents. Like LastPass, it uses AES-256 encryption and a zero-knowledge system.
- Offers automated credentials management
- Provides users with dark web monitoring features
- With advanced security components for some plans
We’ve read several complaints about inconvenient form-filling experiences.
- Free: Keeper offers a free 30-day trial period. Once it ends, you may still use the software on one mobile device without web access, sharing, or syncing features.
- Business: This plan offers unmatched organization through encrypted vaults, folders, and subfolders for $4.40 monthly.
- Password Manager: This personal plan securely stores unlimited passwords across various devices for $2.70 per month. The family version costs $6.55 monthly.
- Plus Bundle: With this $4.60 plan, you can enjoy all the features of the Password Manager plan with dark web monitoring enhancements. You can choose the family option for $8.70 per month.
Keeper offers massive discounts for students and military and medical organizations.Visit RoboForm
RoboForm is an affordable app-centric password manager that provides users access to passwords and logs with a single click. Individuals and organizations can save precious time through its AutoFill feature.
- Available for all major browsers, including Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android
- Sync feature across multiple mobile and desktop gadgets
- Uses AES-256 bit encryption and offers 2FA
RoboForm does not offer advanced features like breach monitoring or encrypted storage.
- Free: RoboForm’s free version offers strong encryption, a safe password generator, and a secure notes app. Like other password managers, it also flags security vulnerabilities in your credentials.
- Everywhere: For $1.99 monthly, you can upgrade your subscription to RoboForm Everywhere. It offers everything the free version does, plus added features like cloud backup.
- Business: RoboForms’ business plan provides up to 30 users with centralized management capabilities.
We recommend RoboForm for individuals and small businesses looking for budget-friendly password management solutions.
In today’s digital era, password manager has become a must-have tool for individuals and organizations alike.
We highly recommend LastPass for various needs, from free personal plans to advanced ones for multinational companies. However, we know it might not be the ideal solution for everyone.
Bitwarden, 1Password, Dashlane, Keeper, RoboForm, and NordPass are other password management brands we trust. Each of them has distinct features ideal for particular users.
For more password manager information, get in touch with our specialists. We’ll help you identify the best tool for your needs.